We are looking for a high-caliber professional with leading solar engineering experience on utility scale development / implementation to join our Asia team. The appointee will be responsible for leading and managing all technical and engineering aspects of utility scale solar power plant development and subsequent implementation, including tendering and award of contract(s) for the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of solar and solar/battery hybrid projects.
- Management of EPC organization, contracting for EPC services, oversight/management of EPC projects to achieve project scope of work within budgets and schedules
- Deliver industry leading designs for large-scale ground mounted solar (and ideally solar/battery hybrid) power plants
- Manages procurement, permitting, construction and interconnection of utility scale ground mounted solar power plants
- Develop best-in-class contracting strategies for the design, engineering, procurement and construction of large scale ground-mounted solar (and ideally solar/battery hybrid) power plants. Responsible for the selection of EPC Contractor(s), while keeping competitive pressure alive throughout the entire selection process.
- Establish and monitor project’s milestones and checkpoints to comply with the project management governance system requirements
- Support the team in project development, PPA negotiation/bidding strategy, financing and exit strategies
- Lead the engagement with key government and non-government stakeholders ensuring compliance with regulations, and all requirements established in the course of project development and provide technical support to obtain the required approvals and permits in a timely manner
- Ensure that the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality framework is incorporated in all aspects of project’s development and implementation
- Build internal engineering and technical expertise though development and mentorship
Profile / Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 15 years experience in an Solar EPC Lead role with a successful Development or IPP company
- Demonstrable track record of bringing online multiple utility scale (>50MW) solar power plants in Asia on budget, on time and with best-in-class industry standards
- Demonstrable track record in value creation in the solar sector (e.g. ability to deliver industry-leading LCOE and win solar bids through superior technical/engineering strategy)
- Demonstrable best-in-class leadership and attitude through past accomplishments and track record
- Locations: Asia